Practice Updates Regarding COVID-19
Many things are changing in the world today since the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak. One thing has not: our commitment and dedication to your health and safety. It has always been our goal to provide world class dental implant and periodontal service to our patients in Babylon and surrounding areas. We have never been satisfied with just providing the standard of care. We believe in continuous improvement and set a higher bar for cleanliness and patient experience. Please be confident that we are approaching how we handle COVID-19 with the same high bar. You can rest assured we will continue to exceed the minimum standard recommendations for sterilization and environmental disinfection for the health and safety of our patients, team members, and families.
We are exceeding the OSHA requirements for air and surface disinfection through the following additions to our regular, state-of-the-art protocols:
- Air quality control through a whole office air purification system by MedifyAir. This system is a true HEPA H13 filtration system that removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns. These units also have an anion generator that produces negative ions to charge particles and trap them inside the unit and give your air a fresh feel.
- The use of ADS Extraoral Suction units which almost completely eliminate aerosol production from dental procedures that create them. This unit uses UV sterilization and HEPA filtration to clean the air.
- Hourly disinfection of ALL frequently touched surfaces, including but not limited to doorknobs, countertops, cabinet handles, and keyboards.
- Addition of barriers to our front office to put a level of protection between our team and you.
We will be taking the following additional steps to assure your safety for your appointment:
- You will be asked a COVID-19 health screening questionnaire over the phone when you schedule your appointment and one will be sent to you by text on the day of your appointment.
- Our reception area is closed. We are asking you to remain in your vehicle and call or text us to let us know you have arrived.
- One of our team members will come out to your vehicle, review an necessary paperwork, and check your temperature before admitting you into the building.
- Once in the building we will ask you to use hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
- Our team will be using level III surgical masks, N95 and KN95 respirators, and small particle filtration masks throughout your experience at our office.
- We are trying to minimize the number of patients at the front office and therefore may ask you to prepay over the phone with a credit card or stop at the business office before going back in to your treatment room.
- We are only letting the patient being treated into the building to reduce the number of person-to-person interactions unless special circumstances require otherwise.
We Thank You
Thank you for choosing us for your dental implant and periodontal care and allowing us to provide you with world-class, state-of-the-art care in the safest possible environment. Nothing is more important to us than our beloved patients and referring dental offices. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact us online, or give us a call.
Dr. David Scharf and the entire team