Teeth In A Day in Long Island
Your smile is one of your most important assets. A smile may seem like just a simple movement of your mouth but it is actually a very powerful and symbolic expression that can affect your health, life and well being. At Dr. Scharf’s office we help improve smiles and even create new and improved.
If you are visiting this page you have heard about the Teeth in a Day procedure and would like to know more. Dr. Scharf wants to answer all of your questions and give you an overview of this process. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the smile that you’ve always wanted and deserved? If you qualify, Teeth in a Day can be the answer!
To See If You Are A Candidate For Teeth In A Day Contact Us Today!Call Us Now
What Are Teeth In A Day?
We too often put off dental care. Perhaps we do this because we don’t feel it is a priority in our lives or that it won’t really affect our health. We couldn’t be more wrong. Good or bad dental hygiene can affect every aspect of our health. When you have constantly sore or painful teeth, teeth that always need repair, or have failing dentition it is time for a change. There is now a revolutionary dental implant procedure called Teeth in a Day.
If you have lost teeth or are needing to have the rest of your teeth removed, there are more options to you now than ever before. Today we have the ability to give you a new set of teeth in just one day. It is a procedure that is a huge leap forward for total teeth replacement. With the advancement in dental implant technology our office is able to place your dental implants and provide a temporary set of teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth, often in one visit.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth roots that are designed to hold a permanent crown. They are created from durable titanium that is made to mimic the natural texture of your jawbone tissue, these posts eventually fuse with your jaw to create a stable biting surface. Dental implant-supported teeth look and function just like real teeth. They have to be maintained with the same oral hygiene practices, such as brushing and flossing.
Who Is A Good Candidate
Good candidates for any dental implant surgery should be committed to maintaining their oral health, not smoking during the implant process, and keeping their bodies strong and healthy. In general, the Teeth in a Day option is best for individuals who need to replace a full arch of teeth. If you only need to replace a single missing tooth, a traditional dental implant is typically the better option. However there are other criteria that must be met in order to be considered a good candidate for the Teeth in a Day procedure.
- Good Overall Health- Certain health issues may rule you out as a candidate for Teeth in a Day. These may include autoimmune diseases, diabetes or osteoporosis. Some medications can also impact the way the bone heals. Dr. Scharf will carefully evaluate your medical history and previous prescriptions to determine your personal level of risk. If he determines that your health issues rule you out as a candidate, he may recommend dentures as an alternative. Patients who are interested in Teeth in a Day should also be treated for conditions like bruxism, since tooth grinding can interfere with healing and damage the final implants.
- Bone Density In Your Jaw- As with traditional dental implants, jawbone density may be a consideration in determining whether you’re a candidate for Teeth in a Day. The good news is that significantly less bone structure is required to accomodate the implants used as part of the Teeth in a Day procedure.
- Smoking- Smoking can impact the success of your procedure. While smoking won’t rule you out as a candidate for Teeth in a Day, Dr. Scharf strongly urges you to quit smoking prior to undergoing treatment to ensure the best possible results.
The Steps Involved in a Teeth in a Day procedure
- We will determine if you are a good candidate for the Teeth in a Day procedure, in others words, that dentures or other types of partial restorations are not a better answer for you.
- We will take measurements and make impressions to create your new set of Teeth in a Day.
- If you need any remaining natural teeth extracted prior to your surgery day we will schedule this far enough in advance to allow for adequate healing to take place.
- On surgery day for your Teeth in a Day, we will place the implants, which are anchored to your jaw, at a special angle that allows the overdentures to be placed immediately. The implants are angled to provide strong support for the overdentures. Once the implants are in place, a temporary set of All-on-4 dentures are placed securely on top of them.
- While your mouth is healing from the implant placement, you’ll use this temporary set of overdentures and eat soft foods for six to eight weeks. Once healing is completed, you’ll receive a permanent set of overdentures that look and function very much like your natural teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a very long list of powerful benefits, but probably the most important one is the fact that they prevent bone loss. Most people don’t realize it, but when you lose a tooth, your jaw tissue starts to resorb, or melt away. This process occurs quickly, with the bone ridge losing as much as 25% of it’s width within the first year following the loss. However, dental implants stimulate the jaw, keeping it healthy and preventing bone loss. Additionally, dental implants are easy to keep clean, incredibly durable, and capable of lasting a lifetime. Some other important health benefits that dental implants provide are:
- Improvement in appearance
- Bring immediate results
- Restores self-esteem and renews self confidence
- Helps to be comfortable in everyday situations
- Restores your mouth to it’s most natural state
- Keeps natural healthy teeth healthy
- Enhances your overall quality of life
- Eliminates health issues common with failing teeth
Why Dr. David Scharf?
Although many dentist advertise the placement of dental implants, there is no law that prohibits dentists from practicing outside of their scope of expertise. This means that although your family dentist might be willing to place your implants, they might not have the formal training and experience necessary to place your implants safely and effectively, which can extend the process or lead to an undesirable result. However, as a board certified periodontist, Dr. Scharf has received years of additional formal training in the placement and maintenance of dental implants. When considering the Teeth in a Day in Long Island, wouldn’t you want to know that the person working on your new full set of teeth, that should last you the rest of your life, is highly skilled and trained in the process?
If you have been thinking of the Teeth in a Day procedure and believe yourself to be a good candidate give our office a call today. Dr. Scharf and our friendly staff will sit down with you to determine the best possible solution. Comfort and care are important to us and we want to answer any questions that you might have. We looking forward to speaking with you soon!